(Canvas) Beautiful World, Beautiful Life (Guernsey Reservoir) (PCP0828)
Beautiful World, Beautiful Life (Guernsey Reservoir) (PCP0828)
By 1930, consumption had more than doubled to 1,100ML every year and it was clear that increased storage capacity would be required. Initially, disused quarries in the north of the Island were purchased to help maintain supplies, but it was clear that demand was only going to increase further. In 1936, the Board proposed the construction of an impounding reservoir in St Saviour's valley which would create a 1,090ML reservoir. The project was agreed and work began in 1938. Work on the dam was halted during World War II, but commenced again in 1946 following the Island's liberation from the occupying forces. The dam was sealed in January 1947, and by April, the reservoir was full to overflowing.
Buy 3 And Get 4th Canvas With/Without Frame Free!
Simply enter code 4for3 at checkout
Canvas prints and floating frames are made locally by a proffesional printer, stretched and folded to a perfect finish with a satin varnish for UV protection and for cleaning/scratch resistant care. Also includes a hanging kit for an extra option to your wall hanging desires.
This print is supplied and created by a profesional local printer and finished to a high quality standard. Other options are also available. Please Contact Me if you have any special requirements.
What you get:
- A canvas print made to order to your desired size
- Professionally stretched and folded
- Satin varnish for added protection from UV, scratches and easy cleaning
- Option to add a floating frame of your choice
Prints will not include my logo but may bare a small faded copyright or signature on the bottom right hand corner which will not be noticeable.
Additional Information - Please Read
You may choose from canvas, but also have the options of photo framed, rolled paper or canvas. Additional services may be added soon such as Jigsaw Puzzles.
Please contact me if you would like a digital copy of this image for marketting, media or other use.
Terms & Conditions:-
- All prints and finishings are examined, by myself, for quality prior to delivery (by hand in Guernsey) for that peace of mind experience.
- Returns are accepted if the goods received are of poor quality (i.e. damaged, wrong item or size) and reported within 72hrs or receipt.
- In all cases, please contact me first as I can normally correct this with a hassle free service.